Would you like a calm, gentle and reassuring presence?
My role as a doula is to provide you with a knowledgeable voice, safely hold your space and offer an empathic listening ear.
Hello lovely! You are likely here as you are pregnant or have a young baby and curious about how a doula could support you. Browse through my website to get a better understanding of me and my approach. If you would like to speak further do get in touch to talk – I would love to work with you!
I’m Robyn, I use both she/they pronouns I am a breastfeeding counsellor & doula based in southwest London. I am a dedicated mama to one lovely person. I became a doula because of what I learnt through my own pregnancies and I’m passionate about offering empathic support to people in all areas of life, especially when it comes to pregnancy, birth, feeding and early mothering~parenting. While building up this trust in our bodies, I also work to ensure you are aware of your choices and have the confidence to explore your unique power and rhythm.
More about me:
– Tickets to music gigs, stand-up comedy and the theatre will always get me out of the house.
– As will the sun shining and any opportunity to be in nature.
– From a very large, loving family – the youngest of nine siblings and the (great) aunt of twelve.
– of Bajan, Cuban and Irish heritage.
– Fasciated with the physics, philosophy & spirituality behind everything that makes up our world.
– Arty and adventurous, adore creating art, photography and doodling short poems.
– Passionate traveller, always lived in London but try to escape to further destinations whenever possible
– Lovely company, nutritious food, a glass of red, music and dance fill my cup.
I have my own experience of positive birth in the hospital, of rebirth at home in a birthing pool and full-term breastfeeding for 5.5 years. Extensively experienced with babywearing, breastfeeding, bed-sharing, gentle parenting and home educating. I also bring with me the experience of early birth/ late miscarriage and navigating grief and anxiety.
We might be a good fit if…
- You want a non-judgemental, empathic and continuous support
- You want gentle guidance, offered in an unobtrusive way
- You want encouragement to be assertive and have authority in your choices
- You want an engaging, friendly, and intuitive approach
- You want someone to provide a calming and stable presence throughout pregnancy, birth & postnatal journey
- You want to explore thoughtful, considered questions and be supported with any decision that you make
- You want someone to respect and honour your decisions and protect your birthing~babymoon space
- You want a professional presence to support creating an environment that makes your birth or early journey in parenting an unforgettable and empowering experience
- You want someone to support you in gaining a far better understanding of your baby